Tilicho Lake Trekking
On arrival met by our Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
Trekking staff will arrive at your Hotel at 5.00 am in the morning to pick you up. We have 8-9 hours of driving to Chamje. It is about 285km from Kathmandu. Crossing the Marsyangdi River on a suspension bridge. We then follow the river to the stone village of Jagat before climbing through forest to Chamje at 1400meters. On arrival at Chanje you will witness stunning snow caped mountain scenery. Overnight at Guesthouse in Chamje.
Early morning after breakfast take Local Jeep to Chame then Trekking start point, then the trek starts through deep forest in a steep and narrow valley, crosses a river on a long bridge at 2910meters. We then cross another bridge at 3040meters, from there the view of the soaring Paungda Danda rock face really begins to appear. From there the trail joins to climb to Pisang, which sprawls between 3200m & 3300meters. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Today we continue through the drier upper part of the Manang district, cut off from the full effect of the monsoon by the Annapurna Range. People of this region herd the yaks & raise crops for part of the year. They also continue to enjoy special trading rights gained way back in 1784. Leaving Pisang, we have alternate trails north and south of the Marsyangdi River which meets up again at Mungji. The southern route by Hongde, with its airstrip, at 3325meters which involves less climbing than the northern route via Ghyaru, though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river. From Mungji, the trail continues past the picturesque but partially hidden village of Bryanga at 3475meters to nearby Manang at 3540meters. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Today we spend a day acclimatizing in Manang. The whole day we spend doing some fine day walks and over viewing the magnificent views around the village & the day time is best to gain altitude. At the end of the day, we return back to our accommodation & have a night rest. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Early morning start trek to Tilicho Base Camp via Khangsar on a large path. Pass a Gompa (monastery). The route ahead goes on a recently constructed path up towards a high ridge. At one point is an intersection. One path maintains the altitude, traversing the slopes towards a place where the valley is narrow; the other continues to ascend towards the line of the ridge. The former is the old path, and is much more difficult as it goes on really steep screed; the latter is the new path that goes a completely different way. Continue along the new path, reach a high crest, and descend on switch backs carved out through the screed slopes to a side valley of the main valley. At its bottom is a brook. On the other side of it is a building known as Tilicho Base Camp at elevation of 4200 meters. Overnight at basic Guesthouse.
Today our journey start early in the morning around 5 AM as we trying to avoid the wind. From Base camp to the Tilicho lake takes another 2-3 hours. Tilicho Lake is a cold barren place in the afternoon and claimed as highest lake of the world. After we spend some time around Tilicho Lake we will follow the trail uphill to the Eklebhatti, and then follow the Kaligandaki River to Jomsom. Jomsom is large town with many facilities, it is also headquarter and official town for whole Mustang district where all the government office are available for local people in Mustang. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Today early morning after breakfast drive back to Pokhara reach to Pokhara in the evening around 6-7 PM, arrive check in hotel rest, (Option morning fly to Pokhara (USD 110 Per person) 35 minutes morning flight takes us to Pokhara from Jomsom. Once we arrived at Pokhara airport, we then drive to hotel. In the afternoon we will have a sightseeing tour around Pokhara valley, which covers Fewa Lake, Devil's water fall). Evening dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
Morning after breakfast visit Fewa Lake then transfer to airport fly Back to Kathmandu, arrive free day for shopping in Thamel evening dinner at Typical Nepali Restaurant with Live folk Music and dance and overnight stay at hotel.
Morning after breakfast sightseeing tour to Soyambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, after lunch visit Bouddhanath Stupa, evening after dinner transfer to international airport for your final flight departure from Nepal.
includesYou will be happily served and facilitated by SEA & SKY TOURS & TRAVELS TREKKING & EXPEDITION with:
- 3 Stars deluxe Hotels as above (twin sharing) in Kathmandu and Pokhara,
- Airport pick up and transfer (from/to the international/domestic flight),
- Privately reserved transportation as per the group size for round the trip (HIACE/van, mini/bus, Sutlaj etc. as per the group size),
- Full board trek with 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) And in Kathmandu and Pokhara all meals inclusive as on the given program,
- Guest house / Tea house Accommodation (twin sharing) on trek,
- All trek and entry permits & TIMS,
- 1 guide, guide's assistant (for the group if higher than 10 people) assistant, necessary number of porters (normally each 3 guests = 1 porter),
- Sightseeing in Pokhara on the said places with guide, driver and entrance fees,
- Duffel bag for carrying your things if required for trek purpose only,
- Services of trekking map (1 or 2) depending on the group size,
- Lunch and dinner all inclusive.
excludesYou will not be facilitated by SEA & SKY TOURS & TRAVELS TREKKING & EXPEDITION for :
- Trek equipment, back pack, warm clothes, rain wear, personal medicines if any,
- Cold drinks, bar bills, personal expenses, tips to your trek guide and other porters (if any),
- Extra night stay in Kathmandu or in Pokhara and anything not mentioned on the above price inclusive column,
- Pokhara-Kathmandu Airfare with airport Tax
- Daily warm/washing water, fresh fruits, etc.,
- Jomsom – Pokhara Flight Extra if Guest wants,
- Any International Airfare,
- Tips for Driver, Guide & Staff.
The itinerary listed is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements. We will be pleased if you provide every minor details about your trip.